Coaches Code of Conduct
COACHES CODE OF CONDUCT
- I will respect the rights, dignity and worth of all individuals within the context of my involvement in Australian Football, including refraining from any discriminatory practices on the basis of race, religion, ethnic background, or special ability/disability.
2. I will abide by and teach the AFL Laws of the Game and the Rules of my Club and League/Association.
3. I will be reasonable in the demands I make on the time commitments of the players in my care, having due consideration for their health and well-being.
4. I will refrain from any form of personal abuse or unnecessary physical contact with the players in my care.
5. I will have due consideration for varying maturity and ability levels of my players when designing practice schedules, practice activities and involvement in competition.
6. I will avoid overplaying the talented players aiming to maximise participation and enjoyment for all players regardless of ability. Where I am responsible for players in the 5-12 year old age group, I will ensure that all players gain equal playing time.
7. I will stress and monitor safety always
8. In recognising the significance of injury and sickness, I will seek and follow the physician’s advice concerning the return of injured or ill players to training.
9. I will endeavour to keep informed regarding sound principles of coaching and skill development, and of factors relating to the welfare of my players.
10. I will at all times display and teach appropriate sporting behaviour, ensuring that players understand and practice fair play.
11. I will display and foster respect for umpires, opponents, coaches, administrators, other officials, parents and spectators.
12. I will ensure that players are involved in a positive environment where skill learning and development are priorities are not overshadowed by a desire to win.
13. I reject the use of performance enhancing substances in sport and will abide by the guidelines set forth in the AFL DRUG POLICY.
Note: This “Coaches Code of Conduct” is signed and conformed to as part of the accreditation requirements of the AFL.
It is the stated policy of the MJFC that all coaches must have a Level 1 coaching certificate thereby ensuring that all coaches have signed off on the required code of conduct.
If you would like to discuss this MJFC policy further, please contact the club. Thank you.