Parents Code of Conduct
- Remember that you are there for the participants to enjoy the game.
- Encourage participation, but don’t force it.
- Teach that enjoyment is more important than winning
- Never ridicule mistakes or losses – supporters are there to support not denigrate.
- Lead by example and respect all players, coaches, umpires and spectators – physical or verbal abuse will not be tolerated.
- Recognise all volunteers who are giving up their valuable time.
- Never publicly criticise umpires – raise personal concerns with club officials in private.
- Don’t use ugly remarks based on race, religion, gender or ability – you’ll let down your family and yourself if you do and many such comments are actually now illegal.
If you would like to discuss this MJFC policy further, please contact the club. Thank you.